* Dates: April 16 & 17 at 7pm
* Location: Reilly Arts Center – 500 NE 9th St.
* Call Backs: April 19 at 7pm by director invitation only.
* Those chosen will receive a stipend per performance.
* We are looking for those 17 years old and older.
* We are open to all genders, races and types.
Peter and the Starcatcher provides a hilarious and fantastical backstory for the beloved character of Peter Pan and his arch-nemesis Captain Hook. In this wickedly imaginative play, we meet a poor orphaned child on the high seas simply called Boy because, in the absence of a mother and a father, he was never given a name. His sad and lonely world is turned upside down when he meets Molly. The daughter of famous Starcatcher Lord Astor, our heroine is on a mission to save the world and protect a treasure trunk filled with magical star stuff from getting into the hands of evil and greedy pirate Black Stache. As they travel aboard the Neverland ship headed for a faraway land, Molly and Boy learn about love, friendship and forge an unbreakable bond.
While the description may seem simplistic, it is a tale for adults and children alike. The story is told in an almost “vaudeville” fashion with minimal set pieces and props leaving the audience’s imagination to fill in the blanks and full immerse themselves into the story.